I decided to turn these flavors into a dinnertime entree by making the salmon the star of the show. I crusted some pieces of salmon with NatureBox Everything Bagel Stix - a crunchy snack that seems like it was made just for me and my food obsessions. You could also use a mixture of panko breadcrumbs and the Everything Bagel Seasoning Mix as a topping. I then baked the salmon until it was just cooked through, and drizzled it with a low-fat cream cheese and chive sauce. All the flavors of my favorite bagel breakfast, but a healthy dinner instead of a guilty pleasure.
Everything Bagel-Crusted Salmon with Creamy Chive SauceServes 4
- 2/3 cup Naturebox Everything Bagel Stix
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 4 salmon fillets (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1-1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 4 cups baby spinach
1. Preheat oven to 400º. Place Everything Bagel Stix in food processor; pulse until finely chopped. Transfer to small bowl. Add oil, lemon zest and pepper; stir to combine.
2. Line rimmed baking pan with foil; spray foil with nonstick spray. Place salmon, skin side down, on prepared pan. Divide crumb mixture over salmon fillets; lightly press to adhere mixture to fish. Bake until salmon is almost opaque throughout and internal temperature reaches 145º, about 12 to 14 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, microwave cream cheese 30 seconds or until very soft. Stir in chives, lemon juice and milk.
4. If desired, slip spatula between salmon skin and flesh to remove skin. Serve salmon over spinach, drizzled with sauce.
If you love everything bagels as much as I do, you might want to try those Everything Bagel Stix from Naturebox. If so, click here and use the code "FOXES10" at checkout to receive $10 off your first box!