This blog series is called "If I Liked It, Then I Should Have Put A  Ring [Binder] On It." I know, naming blog posts after a 5-year-old Beyonce song makes me a huge loser, but until somebody tells me to cut it out, I'm just going to go with it. The title just means that I try out a lot of recipes from magazines and websites - only the ones I really, really like go into a 3-ring binder to keep for the future and make again.
Recipe: Jeff Mauro's Greek Taco! (click to be taken to the full recipe)
What I Change: If I don't already have a bottle of red wine open, I just substitute water in the lamb mixture, and it still turns out fine. I'm still warming up to my friendship with fresh mint, so sometimes I leave that out of the tzatziki mixture, or substitute fresh parsley instead. Also, I have a hard time finding soft pita bread in the grocery store, so I make these using Michigan's own Flatout Harvest Wheat Flatbread.
What recipe have you discovered in a magazine, online or on television that you make again and again? Tell me about it in the comments!
All entries in the "If I Liked It, Then I Should Have Put A  Ring [Binder] On It" Series:
- Cold Sesame Noodles from Savuer
- Savory Palmiers from Ina Garten
- Seven-Minute Huevos Rancheros from Real Simple
- Couscous-Stuffed Peppers with Basil Sauce from Giada De Laurentiis
- Greek Tacos from Jeff Mauro
- Dark Chocolate Chunk and Dried Cherry Oatmeal Cookies from Bake or Break
- Black Forest Cupcakes from CookiesCakesPiesOhMy